#PowerUpPowerOut (PUPO) is a 13-week series of leadership modules designed to educate youth on how to become better advocates for the LGBTQ+ community (as well as other marginalized populations) within their schools and communities. The program is open to diverse youth aged 14 to 19.
#PowerUpPowerOut covers a diverse range of topics designed to teach youth about empathy, LGBT+ history, intersectionality, and advocacy techniques.
- Module 0: Intro to #PowerUpPowerOut
- Module 1: Sexuality & Gender Diversity
- Module 2: LGBTQ+ History & Culture
- Module 3: Privilege, Oppression, & Intersectionality
- Module 4: Race & Class
- Module 5: Education Justice
- Module 6: Coming Out & Queer Families: Stories of Queerness
- Module 7: Queer Sex Ed & HIV/AIDS
- Module 8: Healthy Relationship Building & Consent
- Module 9: Self-Care & Harm Reduction
- Module 10: Building Empathy & Allyship
- Module 11: Healthy Communication Practices for Change
- Module 12: Advocacy, Leadership, & Organizing
- Module 13: Mission & Participatory Action Research
Additional PUPO Information
- Youth who participate in 4 modules will receive a $50 gift card for their attendance, and those who complete all 13 modules will receive a total of $150 in gift cards.
- Youth who complete all 13 modules will also be invited to join our leadership group, QYou Ambassadors.
- This is an excellent opportunity for GSAs or other LGBT+ youth groups to participate in! Level up your Leadership Skills Today!“During the COVID-19 pandemic, we will utilize Zoom to facilitate #PowerUpPowerOut.
Registration is for the program is ongoing, and you can sign up at anytime. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!