LGBT Center Programs
Our Stories, Our Pride
Community Discussion Groups at The Center
The Center offers various community resource groups that meet here at the Center. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some groups are now meeting virtually or in a hybrid model.
- Q-Connect is a community social group for LGBTQ+ individuals ages 20-40 in the Greater Cleveland area.
- Join us for monthly outings, open dialogues and community building!
- For more information, reach out to Alyssa Roberts ([email protected])
Cleveland Bi+ Network | Last Monday 6PM - 7:30PM
- The Cleveland Bisexual+ Network exists to serve and support at large the people who can find themselves on the fringes of both the Straight community and the LGBT+ community with monthly meetings for discussion, as well as additional social outings to create a beautiful, active, and engaged community.
- This group includes not only all the identities that exist under the Bi+ Umbrella, but also identities like the Asexual+ community- the “in-betweeners” who are at times invalidated because of our society’s commitment to binary systems.
- You can find us in our (private) Facebook group by searching for Cleveland Bisexual+ Network.
- If interested in receiving more information about the group or possible events coming up, please email [email protected]
Building A Village: Social and Support Group for LGBTQ+ Parents | Coming Spring 2023
- This new program is a safe space for queer parents to build social connections, give and receive support, and “build their village”.
- Building A Village will offer queer parents with children 8 and under with an opportunity to share community while their children participate in age-appropriate social programming.
- The group will begin meeting in Spring 2023 on Saturdays. Before that, we will be holding our first event, a social mixer, at The Center on December 8th, 2022 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. If interested in attending, please click here
Lavender Café | Starting December 17th, 2022
- This new program is geared towards lesbians who are 35 years of age and older. Lavender Café is a social support group for those who may have come out later in life to build community through others alike.
- The group will meet on Saturdays. The first meeting will be on December 17th from 11:00am to 12:00pm. If interested in attending, please click here
LGBT Veterans Group | Wednesdays 6PM - 7PM
- Weekly discussion group for LGBTQ+ veterans
- Currently meeting at The Center
- Drop In Based
- If interested in receiving more information about the group, please email [email protected]
TransFamily | 2nd Saturday 11:00AM - 1:30PM
- Support group for trans-identified individuals and allies
- Currently meeting at Maple Heights Library
- Drop In Based
- If interested in receiving more information about the group, please either call 216.302.8499 or email [email protected]
Colors+ TransYou | Tuesdays 4PM - 5PM
- Meeting virtually every Tuesday for ages 11-20
- TransYou is for trans/gender diverse/gender expansive youth. The set up is casual with the intention of increasing socialization, decreasing isolation and holding a safe space for affirmative friends and supportive community.
- To register, email [email protected]
Out, Proud & Pagan | 4th Saturday 12:30PM - 1:45PM
- Out, Proud, and Pagan is a safe place to gather, learn and celebrate. This group's aims are to grow the understanding of what it means to be Queer and Pagan. Come and share you journey, experience new rituals, gain understanding, and enjoy yourself, as we all explore the intersection of our sexuality and magick practice.
- Hybrid Meetings (Zoom & at the Center)
- Drop In Based
Proud Parents Group | See Below For Times
When a child “comes out” parents and caregivers often find that they are in unfamiliar territory, left with questions about what it means to identify as LGBTQIA+, and don’t know where to turn. This support group is designed to provide parents and caregivers of LGBTQIA+ youth with a safe and supportive environment to help parents and caregivers as they navigate through their thoughts and emotions to gain knowledge, address challenges, provide them with a unique opportunity for personal growth, and to empower them to be both an ally and an advocate in their role as a parent or caregiver.
Please fill out this pre-registration form to help us best meet your timing needs!
- If you have any questions, please contact program coordinator Kristin Curran at [email protected]
Spectrum Saturdays | 3rd Saturday 12:30PM - 1:30PM
- Currently Meeting Virtually
- A peer-guided discussion group for trans and non-binary individuals on the Autism spectrum ages 16 and older. Every month we'll be exploring our identities and expressing our authentic selves through no-pressure conversation and creativity
- Drop In Based