Planning and coordinating one of the most colorful weekends of the year requires a team of talented and dedicated volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to learn or develop skills, teach skills to others, build self-esteem and confidence, and contribute to a better, stronger community in Greater Cleveland. Pride in the CLE™ 2022 seeks to expand exponentially and our doors are always open for volunteers at every skill level.
VOLUNTEER AREAS OF FOCUS
DEADLINE EXTENDED!!! APPLY BY MONDAY MAY 30, 2022
These are the areas of focus that volunteers will be needed. Times are not final and may go beyond designated times. If you are able to work across multiple areas, please indicate on application form.
PLEASE NOTE: All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Flat Out Pride
We are celebrating two days with Flat Out this year - please refer to the following times, responsibilities and requirements to volunteer for Flat Out Pride 2022!
- Friday, June 3, 2022 | 7PM - 12PM
- Saturday, June 4, 2022 | 6PM - 10PM
- Must be 21 years of age or older for this area
- Beer Garden staffing
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Day-of Pride Volunteering
Please note roles and times may vary depending upon need
PRIDE MARCH LOGISTICS
- 8AM - 12PM
- 6-10 people
- Making sure spaces are accessible to all guests.
- Organize march line up
PRIDE MARCH SET UP
- 8AM - 10AM
- 6+ People
PRIDE MARCH CHECK IN
- 9AM - 12PM
- 6+ People
PRIDE FESTIVAL SET UP
- 8AM - 12PM
- 15+ People
PRIDE FESTIVAL TEAR DOWN
- 6PM - 8PM
- 15+ People
PRIDE FESTIVAL INFO TEAM
- 3 SHIFTS
- 12PM - 2PM
- 2PM - 4PM
- 4PM - 6PM
- 10+ People
- Will have both stationary and mobile volunteers for this area
PRIDE FESTIVAL HOSPITALITY TEAM
- There are numerous roles that fall under this category. The positions will be assigned based on need
- Areas include:
- Volunteer Tent Team
- Entertainer and Green Room Liaisons
- Vendor Helpers
- Alcohol Sales Ticket Docents
- *This is a mobile position where you will need to move around the Festival selling drink tickets*
- 8 AM -OR- in two-hour shifts. You will be contacted directly to discuss shifts if you sign up for this area
Volunteer Area Leads
- Pride in the CLE will look for Volunteer Leads to head up each respective group of volunteers
- Selected by Pride in the CLE committee
- If interested, indicate on application form
If you have any questions about volunteering at Pride in the CLE™, please contact Denise Astorino at [email protected].
Benefits of volunteering at Pride in the CLE™:
- Free souvenir T-shirt
- Participation in the Pride March & Festival
- An invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Party where volunteers will have the chance to win numerous gifts and prizes
- The opportunity to meet other community-minded individuals
- The satisfaction of helping others
- And you’ll have a great time!
Volunteer Terms and Conditions
- I agree to turn up to my rostered shifts on time, and to advise the Pride in the CLE™ staff well in advance if my availability for rostered shifts
- I agree to work under the guidance and supervision of Pride in the CLE™
- I agree to turn up to my first rostered shift 1 hour before the scheduled staff so as to be informed of particulars of the role and the venue.
- I will not turn up to a rostered shift under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- I agree to advise Pride in the CLE™ staff if I am unable or uncomfortable to complete tasks that have been assigned We will be understanding of these requests, just give us as much notice as possible.
- I agree to inform my supervisor immediately of any injuries sustained while undertaking volunteering.
- As a member of the Pride in the CLE™ team, I will do my best to provide correct information and a positive attitude to all members of the public I deal with throughout the event.
- I agree to work in a constructive and cooperative way with Pride in the CLE™ staff and comply with any safety procedures as requested.
- I understand that I am volunteering my services to Pride in the CLE™ and will not receive any compensation for my services.