Planning and coordinating one of the most colorful weekends of the year takes a village of talented and dedicated volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to learn or develop skills, teach skills to others, build self-esteem and confidence, and contribute to a better, stronger community in Greater Cleveland. Pride in the CLE 2021 has expanded exponentially in the last few years, and our doors are always open for volunteers at every skill level.
If you have any questions or need help filling out this form, please contact Denise Astorino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of volunteering at Pride in the CLE:
• Free souvenir T-shirt
• Participation in the Pride March & Festival
• An invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Party where volunteers will have the chance to win numerous gifts and prizes
• The opportunity to meet other community- minded individuals
• The satisfaction of helping others
• And you’ll have a great time!
What and who we need:
• Organize festival layout and resources
• Recruit and track festival participants
• Recruit and select festival entertainment
• Transport and host entertainment
Pride March & Logistics (Day of Pride in the CLE):
• Making sure spaces are accessible to all guests.
• Volunteer Check-In
• Information Center
• Set-up and Breakdown
• Produce Fundraisers to raise money to pay for Pride in the CLE
• Solicit potential vendors, fund, and gifts.
• Network with businesses to build brand awareness for Pride in the CLE
• Manage / create website content
• Maintain and build our brand
• Manage / create day of social media content / photography
Pride March & Festival Logistics Committee:
• Organize march line up
• Recruit and track march participants
• Coordinate street security
• Communicate with Cleveland Police
• Coordinate Pride March participation
Volunteer Terms and Conditions
- I agree to turn up to my rostered shifts on time, and to advise the Pride in the CLE staff well in advance if my availability for rostered shifts
- I agree to work under the guidance and supervision of Pride in the CLE
- I agree to turn up to my first rostered shift 30 minutes before the scheduled staff so as to be informed of particulars of the role and the venue.
- I will not turn up to a rostered shift under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- I agree to advise Pride in the CLE staff if I am unable or uncomfortable to complete tasks that have been assigned We will be understanding of these requests, just give us as much notice as possible.
- I agree to inform my supervisor immediately of any injuries sustained while undertaking volunteering
- As a member of the Pride in the CLE team, I will do my best to provide correct information and a positive attitude to all members of the public I deal with throughout the
- I agree to work in a constructive and cooperative way with Pride in the CLE staff and comply with any safety procedures as requested.
- I understand that I am volunteering my services to Pride in the CLE and will not receive any compensation for my services.