PRIDE SCHOLARSHIP 2022
The Pride Scholarship is awarded annually to 2 eligible applicants between the age of 17-25, who are residents of Ohio, and are seeking scholarship money to any university, community college, technical school, art school, or para-professional program. While only 2 recipients are awarded each year, applicants may apply annually as long as they are eligible for consideration.
Contact Us With Questions
Applications for the 2022 Pride Scholarship have now closed. The scholarships will be awarded at Pride in the CLE on June 4th, 2022. Stay tuned!
If you have any questions, please email Denise Astorino, Community Engagement Coordinator at [email protected]
Criteria For Selection
Any eligible candidate with a relationship to the LGBTQ+ community is invited to apply; this means LGBTQ-identified, ally, or family and/or friend of LGBTQ-individuals. The recipients will receive a check for $500 with the stipulation that the money is used for tuition, books, or other costs and fees associated with post-secondary education.
- Recipients will be chosen based upon the entirety of their application packet.
- Though we do ask for the applicant to submit their GPA and list of strengths, the LGBT Pride Scholarship is not purely an academic scholarship.
- Rather, the committee is tasked with awarding this scholarship to the applicant who best demonstrates how their goals, personal character, and achievements are currently making a positive impact on the LGBTQ+ community in general.
- It is also mandatory that recipients be present at the event when the scholarships are awarded.
You'll be required to submit a 2-3 page essay. Please answer one of the prompts and submit below.
We are interested in knowing more about your background, identity, interest, or talent and things that are so meaningful that you believe your application would be incomplete without it. Please share any additional parts of your story/journey that may not have been covered in the essay.
- PROMPT ONE: LGBTQI+ youth face increased levels of discrimination and social stigmas. What is your vision of what needs to be done in the LGBTQI+ community to help improve the resources for our LGBTQI+ youth in the future?
Los jóvenes LGBTQI+ se encuentran con niveles aumentados de discriminación y estigma social. Usted qué cree que se debe hacer para mejorar los recursos para nuestra comunidad joven LGBTQI+ en el futuro?
- PROMPT TWO: The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure associated with being a part of the LGBTQI+ community. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
Las lecciones que aprendemos a través de los obstáculos pueden ser fundamentales para crear éxitos en el futuro. Por favor recuenta un tiempo en su vida donde se encontró con obstáculos, fracasos, o retrasos asociados a su identidad LGBTQI+. ¿Cómo le afectó esas experiencias y que aprendió a través de ellas?