March at Pride in the CLE™
The annual Pride in the CLE™ March kicks off our celebration as a reminder that Pride is not a moment, but a movement. We continue to honor the history and foundational ideas that make Pride special to this day with our march. This visible demonstration of support for the LGBTQ+ community shows that we cannot and will not be silent in our march towards equality for all.
"This is a Pride MARCH"
STEPPING OFF AT NOON ON SATURDAY, JUNE 4, 2022!
Pride in the CLE™ March adheres to the grass roots ideals of early Pride celebrations that sprung forth following the Stonewall Inn uprisings in 1969. With this in mind we aim to lift up the voices of our community and advocate for social justice by way of a march through our beloved city streets. We also commemorate the thousands who have marched over the last half century demanding the fair and equal treatment of the LGBTQ+ community.
The Pride March adheres to City of Cleveland pedestrian traffic guidelines. Pride in the CLE™ reserves the right to ask any speech promoting racist, sexist, or violent language to be removed from the March.
Allowed in the March:
- Banners, posters and handheld signs
- Self-propelled bicycles and scooters
Not Allowed in the March:
- Motorized vehicles of any kind
- No thrown items (candy, confetti, etc.)
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE:
- We are expecting large crowds. We please ask that you leave pets at home for the march and festival. Please note that there is no designated pet relief area at the festival.
Registering for Pride March 2022 as...
- DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, May 30, 2022
- Individuals without an affiliated business or organization who wish to participate in the march must still register.
- Please note that if you are a part of an organization that has registered to march, you do not need to register.
- All individual registrants must be at least 18 years of age.
- If under the age of 18, you must be accompanied with a legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age.
Community Group Registration
- DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, May 23, 2022
- All community groups, organizations, businesses, employee resource groups, or corporations that intend on marching must still register regardless of status as Pride Partners or Vendors.
- When registering, please estimate how many participants you plan to have march with you.
- Please contact [email protected] with any participant updates.
- Should you expect an increased or decreased amount of participants after you register, please do not re-register and simply contact us with changes.
As a Pride March participant, certain guidelines must be followed to help the march run efficiently, and to ensure the safety and security of other participants and onlookers.
If you have any questions or need help filling out this form, please contact [email protected]