"This is a Pride MARCH"
Pride in the CLE® March adheres to the grass roots ideals of early Pride celebrations that sprung forth following the Stonewall Inn uprisings in 1969. With this in mind we aim to lift up the voices of our community and advocate for social justice by way of a march through our beloved city streets. We also commemorate the thousands who have marched over the last half century demanding the fair and equal treatment of the LGBTQ+ community.
WHAT WE CAN TELL YOU NOW
- DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, May 19, 2023 @5PM
- Staging will begin around 10AM in Public Square with the March stepping off at 11 am.
- Exact staging zones will be shared to the email contact provided in your registration
- The March is approximately 20-25 minutes long and will end flowing into the festival at Malls B&C. We expect the full march - meaning time for all march participants to reach the festival - to last about an hour in total.
- If you show up and have not registered, NO WORRIES! Find a Pride staff member or volunteer and they will help get you where you need to be!
Pride In The CLE® 2023 March Route
Registering to March at pride in the cle®
- Individuals without an affiliated business or organization who wish to participate in the march must still register.
- Please note that if you are a part of an organization that has registered to march, you do not need to register.
- All individual registrants must be at least 18 years of age.
- If under the age of 18, you must be accompanied with a legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age.
Community Group Registration
- All community groups, organizations, businesses, employee resource groups, or corporations that intend on marching must still register regardless of status as Pride Partners or Vendors.
- When registering, please estimate how many participants you plan to have march with you.
- Please contact [email protected] with any participant updates.
- Should you expect an increased or decreased amount of participants after you register, please do not re-register and simply contact us with changes.
The Pride March adheres to City of Cleveland pedestrian traffic guidelines. Pride in the CLE® reserves the right to ask any speech promoting racist, sexist, or violent language to be removed from the March.
Allowed in the March:
- Banners, posters and handheld signs
- Self-propelled bicycles and scooters
Not Allowed in the March:
- Motorized vehicles of any kind
- No distribution of items during march (flyers, candy, confetti, etc.)
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE:
- If unvaccinated, we ask that you please MASK UP!
- If feeling unwell, please consider the health and safety of other festival-goers - we will be back in 2024!
- We are expecting large crowds. We please ask that you leave pets at home for the march and festival. Please note that there is no designated pet relief area at the festival.