Office / Retail Space Pitch Competition
The LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland is launching a business proposal competition in partnership with PLEXUS LGBT & Allied Chamber of Commerce and Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization. Entrepreneurs are invited to submit an application and business proposal to receive three-months free rent and at least a one-year lease of a retail/office space within the LGBT Community Center.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2021.
- Applicant businesses must align with the LGBT Community Center’s mission, which is to enrich the lives of the diverse LGBTQ+ community through advocacy, support, education, and celebration.
- Applicants must complete an application (below) and submit a business proposal. The proposal can be written, a video, a recorded PowerPoint presentation, or in any other form that clearly communicates the Applicants vision for the space.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old or must include a parent or guardian on the application.
- Finalists may be required to meet virtually with the selection committee and should be willing to cooperate with any media inquiries, including social media promotions.
- Applicants must be willing to sign a one-year lease with the LGBT Community Center. The rent is ($500-$675) and includes all utilities – water, sewer, electricity, Center Wi-Fi internet, trash and access to the LGBT Community Center amenities.
- Applicants should review the scorecard and ensure their proposal aligns with the scoring requirements.
- Applications are due: Friday, April 2, 2021
About The Space
- The retail/office space is 390 square feet.
- Rent is between $500-675/month and includes utilities – water, sewer, electricity, Center Wi-Fi internet, trash and access to the LGBT Community Center amenities.
- The space is located within the LGBT Community Center and does not have a separate entrance.
- Applicants must be able to work within LGBT Community Center hours: M/W 10a-8p, T/Th/F 10a-6p
- For specific questions about the space, contact Daniel Basil Hamilton at [email protected]
Please submit a business proposal with this application. Your proposal may be in any form you choose – you can submit a written business plan, a recorded presentation, a video, or any other form where you feel able to comfortably propose your business idea with the form below.
Please see the scorecard (here) to understand how applications will be scored and for tips to help you complete your proposal.
If you have questions about putting together a proposal, please reach out to Amanda Cole from Plexus LGBT & Allied Chamber of Commerce at [email protected] by March 29, 2021.
Business / Retail Space Pitch Competition Form
Proposal should include an operations plan, understanding of the market, information about the business owner(s), explanation of how the business will be profitable, and a clear purpose of the business. Please see the scorecard (above) for the full scoring criteria and guidance for completing a proposal.