Health & Wellness
LGBT Center Programs
Our Stories, Our Pride
- The Center offers free & rapid HIV testing on-site thanks to our community partners. Call 216-651-5428 to find our current testing hours.
Lake Effect Free Alternative Health Clinic
- The Lake Effect Free Alternative Health Clinic will be offering free Massage, Reiki and Herbal Medicine at the LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland. Please join us on the first Thursday of every month from 5 to 8 pm.Massages will be fifteen to twenty-minute-long back rubs that take place fully clothed. Massage is proven to be beneficial for a number of health-related reasons, including pain relief, relaxing over-used muscles, enhancing the body's immune system, and even lessening depression and anxiety.Reiki energy flows from the practitioners hands into the client. The client is usually laying on a massage table but treatments can also be given while the client is seated or even standing. The client remains fully clothed. The practitioner places her/his hands on or near the clients body in a series of hand positions. These include positions around the head and shoulders, the stomach, and feet. Other, more specific positions may be used based on the clients needs.Herbalism is the practice of using plants for health and healing. Herbalism is used both preventatively and therapeutically for illnesses, and generally applies an integrated view of physical, mental, emotional, and even spiritual health. A typical meeting with an herbalist will last about an hour. Meetings take place in a confidential space with you and the herbalist.
For more information about the Lake Effect LGBTQ Alternative Health Clinic, click http://www.lakeeffectclinic.org/.
- Tai-Chi class
- Tuesdays, 6:00 - 7:00 PM
- Tai-chi is a noncompetitive, self-paced system of gentle physical exercise and stretching) There is no fee for those attending either or both Tai-Chi and Reiki.
- 7:00 - 8:00 PM
- Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
Senior Chair Yoga
- Every Friday
- 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM
- The Center offers free chair yoga as part of our SAGE 50+ program. The yoga is designed for seniors and our instructor will make the practice work for you.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Pride AA is a community-led support group for LGBTQ+ and ally community members in recovery.
Lorain County LGBTQ Drop-In
- The Lorain County LGBTQ+ Coordinator will be available to provide support and resources for LGBTQ+ individuals in Lorain. Stop in to the front desk to make an appointment or if you need to see him immediately just let the receptionist know. For more information, contact Stephan Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30 PM- 7:30 PM
- LCCC Wellington Campus
- 151 Commerce Drive, Wellington, Ohio
- 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- El Centro
- 2800 Pearl Ave, Lorain, Ohio
- 8:30 AM -1:30 PM
- First Congregational United Church of Christ
- 330 2nd Street, Elyria, OH