volunteers make it happen
Volunteers are vital to the work of the LGBT Community Center. Our volunteers manage our front desk, support and enhance Center programs, represent the Center at tabling events throughout the city, help put on special events and fairs, nurture our community garden, and more.
An individual seeking volunteer opportunities with The LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Online registration and application on the Timecounts volunteer management platform.
- A 1.5 hour volunteer orientation at the LGBT Center. You can sign up for volunteer orientations from the Opportunities tab in the Volunteer Hub on the Timecounts website after you’ve completed your application.
- A background check through Sterling Volunteers. After completing orientation, you will receive an e-mail with the background check prompt. Note: a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from volunteering at The Center, but it might prevent you from working with certain programs or populations of Center guests.
- Depending on your volunteer role, there may be further training or interviews required, such as a shadow shift at the front desk or a sit down with a program coordinator.
On some occasions, we are able to accommodate one-time group volunteer opportunities when we have large projects.
For any questions regarding volunteering or if you are interested in/have an idea for a group volunteer project, please reach out!