Job Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Development Director
Status: Full-time, nonexempt
The Development Associate is a member of the Development team and oversees the integrity and efficiency of donation/donor database management and flow of information. The Development Associate is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the donor database (Donor Perfect).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Administrator of donor database. Utilize all database tools (merge, de-duplicate, etc.)
- Update donor records to ensure database integrity. Complete all data entry timely and accurately. Record all data changes.
- Create records for new constituents ensuring the creation of proper links and all known data.
- Conduct on-line research. Evaluate and verify data whenever needed by telephone, mail, email and other ways.
- Create new and modify existing reports and queries for donor segmentation, gift reporting, mail merges, appeals, events, and more. Provide appropriate reports, data, and statistics to relevant departments, Executive Director and outside agencies.
- Search and locate lost donors and other constituents. This will require some direct communication with constituents (verbal and written). This will also require use of the Internet, telephone and mail to find information in an appropriate manner.
- Enters donations on a daily basis and executes the issuance of acknowledgement letters/receipts to comply with federal regulations. Personalize gift receipts and acknowledgments.
- Maintain applicable knowledge of IRS regulations relating to charitable donations.
- Create, maintain and ensure the integrity of gift processing procedures, including but not limited to collection, sorting, deposit [Finance]; reports, acknowledgements, receipts. Ensure integrity of filing and retention of acknowledgements and donation information.
- Ensure integrity of credit card gift processing, procedures, and report.
- Balance donor and gift details with finance department, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Prepare donor profiles and comparative analysis as needed.
- Work with members of the development department to develop policies, procedures, and standards for data entry.
- Provide training and support to staff in use of software as needed and requested.
- Assist with special events, strategic planning and creation of campaigns/appeals as requested.
- Maintain software updates. Institute procedures to maximize use of the software; communicates these to staff as needed.
- Develop metrics, analyze trends and generate and manage complex lists and reports.
- Support Executive Director and Development Director as needed and assume additional responsibilities as needed or directed
Work Experience Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience directly related to fundraising operations related to database management, prospect research and/or event management. This position requires a high-attention to detail and specific expertise regarding IRS reporting and receipting regulations in addition to understanding and knowing industry best practices. This organization promotes an inclusive culture that is welcoming to team members from all backgrounds so an ability to work well with a diverse team is essential.
- Proficient knowledge of Donor Perfect preferred. Extensive use of donor database software required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word and Excel.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected] and put “Development Associate” in the subject line.