Work at The Center
Our Stories, Our Pride
The LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland
Founded in 1975, The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Community Center of Greater Cleveland is a leading non-profit organization that empowers Northeast Ohio’s LGBTQ community through advocacy, education, collaboration and celebration. The heart of the region’s LGBTQ community, The Center is a one-stop hub that provides opportunities and resources for all who it serves.
The Center’s facility is a welcoming and visible space that brings the community together for resources, support, connections and programming. The Center serves as the public face and advocate for the LGBTQ community. Through leadership within the community, cultural competency training outside the community, media representation and collaborations, the organization aims to improve the quality of life in Northeast Ohio.
In addition, The Center has the important role of social connector, hosting year-round gatherings, public events and cultural programs that unite, honor and celebrate the LGBTQ community.
Job Title: Program Activities Coordinator- QYou
Reports to: Program Director
Status: Full-time, nonexempt, 30,000-32,000 annually
The Program Activities Coordinator works with the Program Director and other program staff to implement and supervise operation of the LGBT Community Center Queer Youth Initiative (QYou). Responsibilities include youth skills-building workshops, implementation of youth HIV prevention programming, oversight of Center space, interaction with customers, clients and public of all ages in group and individual settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee weekly youth activities and coordinate volunteers to cover programs; includes regular Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evening programming.
- Track and account for all youth program attendance record keeping.
- Develop youth leadership team/council.
- Oversee youth development of 4 major youth-centric events annually (dances, prom, conference, etc.)
- Collaborate with other youth-service organizations using Center space.
Center Space Supervision
- Manage groups that use Center, from initial call through scheduling, to on-site coordination.
- Strive for superior customer service in greeting visitors and managing the Center space during open hours.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Center; report maintenance concerns.
- Compile and report group participation numbers; collect daily rental fees.
- Greet visitors to the Center. Strive for consistent superior customer service.
- Provide the Program Director with a periodic report of activities and issues.
- Other projects as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have experience with youth programming, general program coordination and oversight, and activities management.
- One year or more with job responsibilities in program development and implementation, especially specialized age populations; and experience in customer/constituent service and facility coordination.
- The Program Activities Coordinator will work typical out of school time hours.
- Superior organization, date-manipulation, and logistic skills including exceptional written and verbal communications skills; including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team; and a tenacious commitment to achievement of agreed-upon deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge including work processing, database operations, spreadsheets, desktop publishing and other software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
The Program Activities Coordinator works in a fast-paced setting that includes significant foot traffic and continuous interruptions. The Program Activities Coordinator has access to proprietary and client records and is responsible for maintaining this information as confidential. This is a full-time position requiring afternoon & evening hours, and occasionally some weekend work.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and put “Program Activities Coordinator” in the subject line.