Work at The Center
Our Stories, Our Pride
The LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland
Founded in 1975, The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Community Center of Greater Cleveland is a leading non-profit organization that empowers Northeast Ohio’s LGBTQ community through advocacy, education, collaboration and celebration. The heart of the region’s LGBTQ community, The Center is a one-stop hub that provides opportunities and resources for all who it serves.
The Center’s facility is a welcoming and visible space that brings the community together for resources, support, connections and programming. The Center serves as the public face and advocate for the LGBTQ community. Through leadership within the community, cultural competency training outside the community, media representation and collaborations, the organization aims to improve the quality of life in Northeast Ohio.
In addition, The Center has the important role of social connector, hosting year-round gatherings, public events and cultural programs that unite, honor and celebrate the LGBTQ community.
Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Type: Salary; Non-Exempt; Full-Time
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for planning and leading the Center’s major giving program. The Major Gifts Officer reports directly to the Executive Director and works in cooperation with center development team, board and volunteers to ensure the realization of a robust and effective major giving program and a general atmosphere of philanthropy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and leading the Center’s major giving program
- Researching major gift donor prospects
- Developing relationships with major gift donors
- Developing a donor solicitation strategy for major gift donors
- Designing and operating a major donor stewardship program
- Tracking and assessing major gift fundraising metrics
- Calling and emailing donors on a regular basis
- Drafting major gift proposal documents
- Using major giving fundraising and marketing tools
- Work collaboratively with the development team
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist guests of the Center in an attentive, understanding, and timely manner
- Data entry for fundraising tracking
- Basic administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or proven equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency with Donor Perfect
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of the LGBTQ community
- Ability to be flexible with schedule (may require morning and evening shifts).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work closely with other team members.
- Ability to communicate orally and written.
- Basic computer skills and experience with office software.
- Experience using Donor Perfect or other fundraising software.
- Ability to manage budgets and engage in basic math.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.