Become a Volunteer
Our Stories, Our Pride
Volunteers Make It Happen
Volunteers are vital for the LGBT Community Center to advance our mission of enriching the lives of the diverse LGBTQ community through advocacy, support, education, and celebration. We cannot serve the local LGBTQ community without your gifts of time, skill, and dedication. We sincerely appreciate the sacrifices you make in order to help The Center, and we are honored and humbled that you choose to spend time with us and the people we serve.
Volunteering at The Center benefits both the organization and those that we serve. We also work to ensure that your experience is meaningful to you. After going through our training program, we will determine what volunteer projects align with your experience, skills, and interests to make sure that you are as enriched by the experience as possible.
- Over the age of 18
- Complete application with availability and interest
- 2 hour orientation and training (additional facilitation training for group facilitators)
- Background check
- 1 hour shadow shift at the front desk
- Front Desk Volunteer
- Cyber Center Volunteer
- SAGE (50+) Program Volunteer
- QYou Youth & Young Adult Program Volunteer
- Media Curator
- Community Garden Volunteer
- Special Events Volunteer
- Ongoing Data Entry and Filing
- Ongoing Cleaning and Tidying
For more information about volunteering at The Center, contact Chris McNulty at email@example.com or (216) 651-5428 x 105.